Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It is like Christmas time

Remember when you where a little girl or boy and you would get so excited the week of Christmas that it was so hard to sleep? Okay, I am still that way little girl or not.

Well Christmas week has arrived early this year for me that is how is has been for me overwhelming, exciting,nervous, anxious, and did I mention exciting. I went to my doctor appointment yesterday and I met the doctors for the first time. All this anticipation built up from how others described them that have gone to them that I have ran into along this journey.

When they came into a room I felt comforted I had my embriologist and Invitro doctor which I felt very at ease. This appointment was to see how well I am doing on the stimulation shots and to my suprise he started to name them off during the ultrasound.

He stated my right ovary looks good for the two surgeries I have had done. He counted them and gave off measurments. Let's say I am a grape vine right now I heard about 18 that are stimulating and maybe 5 to 7 more that are smaller than 10mm wow I am on my way. The doctor seemed pretty happy that I took so well and I am on day 4 of stimulation shots.

I was way excited the "What if's started to creep into my head the day before the appointment."
Such as what if I have no follicules. I didn't worry about it as much when I got to the office for my appointment the staff is friendly and so helpful I feel like I am supported and I have known them for a long time.

The docotor stated keep doing what you are doing with shots and we will see you on Thursday he gave me a time line that we would do egg retrival possibly Sunday or Monday. My heart skipped or beated twice with excitment I am to the final week of IVF.

Jason stated to the doctors that we have never had a hard time making eggs/follicules we have just had issues getting it to attach. The doctor smiled and said we will do that for you. That sentence was so powerful to me from the doctor I felt like I was in good hands.

Later on I got a call to only do 2 Bravelle shots because my estrogen level was high so they took me off of Menopur. This is why I was sick is because of my estrogen level and well it is a side effect to the medication as well.

I am still on two shots just one is Bravell and one is Lupron. I will keep you all updated on my journey as soon as I can I have decided that after Thursday will be my last update.

If anyone has questions about the next couple of weeks please, call my husband and he will give you all updated information.

I just want to relax and get this baby attached after I have implantation.

No comments:

Post a Comment