Sunday, April 10, 2011

Starting IVF

Phone consult done, papers turned in and signed, blood work for me and him completed. All we do is wait as I wait I get nervous I know what IVF is going to consist of I did my research I figured out all good and all bad things that can happen. 

The start of my mensus day one call the fertility office and I start birth control I know everyone reading this is thinking you want to get pregnant if I was still in my denial/withdraw stage this would be hard but after researching and trusting my doctor that he knows how to do this I decided that we are ready for this well I am ready for this. March 2 started birth control stayed on birth control for the whole month never missed a pill this was the easy part all I had to do is take a pill at the same time everyday. 

April came along  to be quite honest I dread this month I know that injections start  and to let you all in on a  little secret I hate needles! I knew from day one that this was going to be my challenge little did I know this was not my only challenge. 

I started Lupron on April 3rd injections would not be so bad if they where not in your stomach yes a needle in my stomach. Let's just say I did not sleep well at all the start of April I was just anticipating the shots.
Jason gave me the first one on April 3rd not to bad as long as it is injected slowly we started in the evening because this needs to be given during that time well six o'clock is what we started to do on April 3rd so we had to stick with this time. 

I work until nine P.M at night so I am at work during this time. I have decided to be completely open about this process because I want to look back and know that if anyone goes through infertility that they can read this and know that they are not alone you may feel like I don't understand and I might not understand what you are going through but I sympathize with everyone with infertility issues.

Jason stated well I am not coming out at six everyday after work to give you shots you will have to learn yourself well he did the shots for two days on April 5th I would give myself the shot it is harder than you think I am good with drawing up the medication but when it comes to the injection this is a fear I have I used to pass out when I saw blood or needles I would get nervous and hold my breath and end up on the floor passed out. 


April 5th I did my first injection this was a Tuesday on April 6 and 7th I did my own injections when you do your own well for me I couldn't just let it go into my skin like a dart I pushed it in slowly it did not hurt as much but you could feel it going through the skin and it felt like it was getting caught it wasn't but you felt it yourself. I was a big girl I conquered my fear. 


I started to notice that at night I would start getting acid reflex not sure if it is a side effect and not as bad but hot flashes and than chills my stomach seems to be a little uneasy. I decided to look online to figure out side effects and these are some of them. 

Everyday Lupron and birth control pills until just barely April 9th I  took my last birth control pill and now I am just on injection of Lupron.


Jason and I thought that April we would fall off the earth nothing is going to go on during this month just preparation of getting my body ready for IVF. 


Taking these IVF injections kind of messes with your emotions I had a break down on Friday I was having a hard time I felt like I am the one that is doing this I felt alone I learned that my husband was with me every step of the way he came home early and spent the evening with me after talking about the issues I was having and that I was afraid of needles I did not want to continue with the injections we decided that Jason would just come to my work and give these to me this is a stress that I could not handle doing myself. 


If you are going through this process I felt that I was the only one that was doing this it is my body that I had to give the injections to it was not his body. I realized at this time he is my support system he is the one that will keep me going when I want to give up he is my companion. 


I will try and keep you updated and I go along with this process all Jason and I ask is that during this process that the questions be limited we are all hoping for the process to end up positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment