Monday, May 2, 2011

The end of one journey to start a beginning of another one started all today!

Egg retrival day was today Monday May 1,2011. Wow this process has gone by so quick and slow at some times. At one o'clock today I entered the doctors office prepared kind of onrey because no food since 10:39 P.M the night before and nothing to drink either but well worth the procedure.

We arrived at 12:15 in the afternoon ready to get the grapes taken off my ovaries well the eggs I was nervous you never know with this procedure is everything going to work did I produce eggs yes, will they be retrived fine.

I went in the back room operating room. My embryologist came out and asked me how I was doing and how many I had I told him a total of 13 ready from what we saw on Thursday he asked if he was going to be busy I told him I will keep him busy with taking them out and finding all of them I am sure.

I felt very comforted about this procedure today nervous but that is normal I am thinking. My hat is off to the whole staff the anesthesiologist, the doctors, nurses the feel of support was awesome from only staff that I have known by phone and just barely met in person.

I was ready went over all meds came out in a pink gown that to say the least is not modest at all but who cares when you are doing this kind of procedure you better know you are not going to be as modest.

I went to sleep felt very calm I saw a nurse that I have been working with and my doctor come into the operating room it is game time!

I was asleep quick, all I remember is waking up in the recovery bed to my name being called by a comforting nurse she asked me how I felt and if I need any pain medication to be put through my IV I told her I think I am okay I took a drink of Gatorade and my husband came back since I was the last patient of the day.

My invitro doctor and embryologist doctor came into the room these men are amazing. He told me I had eleven retrieved and the average is 8-10 so I did well I told him thank you for all he has done up to now. May I say that they are so knowledgeable I felt so supported and that I made it this far I am proud of myself and my husband.

The week has come I am on the last couple of days... everything is in the lords hands.

The embryologist will be calling me tomorrow and telling me how they are growing I am hoping all goes well we would like to transfer on day five gives you the highest chances but day three could be transfer date if they are ready because you do not want to have them to mature from what I understand.

So sleep tight my little petry dishes mommy and daddy are praying this all works out and so are a lot of other family and friends.

I feel very calm.. this procedure and infertility road has taught me patience some things cannot be rushed... some trials are harder than others.... it has taught me it is okay to go through denial stages it is okay not to be accepting of the circumstance it has showed me that I can either be depressed or I can talk about my trial it has showed me that it is not in my hands or my husbands hands it is all with time and in the Lords hands... It has taught me it is okay to cry by yourself and to others it is okay to let friends and family in will they know what you are going through not exactly but every trial is different but they are the rocks and the hands that will hug you and keep you comforted they are the arms and kisses that will wipe away your tears they are the ears that will listen.

I know I have not listed the facility I am using the reason why is that it was a personal choice all I can say is follow your heart, lean on your spouse, cry happy and sad tears, do your research,soul search, maybe drop to your knees if that is a way for you to find out if it is right, talk to others you would be surprised by how much I have learned and how many strong couples I have met with some kind of infertility challenge and know you are not alone.

I understand it is hard to talk to others about it but it helped me I was nervous, I was scared, I learned to bond with them. I have two amazing girls I work with that had infertility issues and they both got pregnant around the same time these women are amazing and it is not because they actually got pregnant it is because I formed a bond with them even if we do not talk daily we all have a connection.

My mother is the one that is talkative about it as well she has met a lot of people it is a small world and I realized that when I opened up that others have gone through this struggle.

If you are reading this going through infertility I would like to say that I don't know how long years...months....or longer that you have been trying I do not know your circumstance... all I know is that we long for the same thing to be a mom/dad to nurture a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment