Friday, May 6, 2011

Our life over the last 24 hours

Implantation date May 5,2011 wow this date has come I want someone to pinch me to know it was true but don't worry I did not need a pinch I had a full bladder that killed because for implantation they give you valium and you have to have a full bladder so they can have a contrast of the uterus when they place them.

My mom, Jason, and I started the journey to provo yesterday about 11:00 A.M I was on my way of drinking a ton of water we arrived at the doctors office valium already in my system and I was ready to go to the bathroom that was.

Everyone asks if I was nervous the only thing I was nervous about was peeing on the doctor because my bladder was so full I could not even stand up all the way because it was painful.

They told me to come on back and to go ahead and use the restroom only if I would promise to do one mississippi and than stop Jason thinks this is crazy that I can do that and stop but I did it helped alittle just a relief of one mississippi.

We all cramed into the room to have the implantation start the doctors and nurse are in the room they bring in the incubator which holds the petry dish and I got prepared in the sturups I breathed in and out they got them ready to implant they did and ultrasound and found the best place to drop them off at they take the instrument out and the embryologist makes sure that they where deposited in my uterus so he looks through the microscope and it was clear they are floating around in my uterus.

How many did we implant we implanted two the reason being is that it gives me a 50% chance to get pregnant the original woman only has a 25% chance of getting pregnant and for me with infertility issues I had a 7% chance without doing invitro of getting pregnant and a 3% chance of triplets and a 20% chance of twins.

If we deposited the third one my chances of triplets would be 10-13% that is high and they are looking out for my health and the goal of delivering a healthy baby I was torn by this decision because obviously if they implanted three my chances go up to 75% of getting pregnant but I was torn as well because the percentage of triplets made me more afraid of what if that happened and it was complications and ended up with none?

I think it is important to trust the doctors and there decision. I layed on the table with my head dropped and legs up for about thirty minutes. My embryologist doctor came in and gave us our first picture of the petry dish it will go into our baby album he explained that he would have put in three if they did not look so good but these look great they are as good as text book they split in cells they way they should in size and they dont have any fragmenation so the quality is awesome if the quality was poor they would have put in all three.

He gave us important instructions such as my husband cleans my house this one I like and my mom needs to make me good food because I am eating for three. So a steak and potatos or whatever I want. The doctor asked me if I was craving ice cream and pickles. If you all know me I love pickles so this will not be hard to crave daily.

Jason and my mom and I drove home I got home and laid in bed all day the valium really kicked in I woke up when I was hungry my poor husband he has cooked spagetthi and soup and he has gone to olive garden for there potato soup which I love and breadsticks I ate yesterday for three for sure and I had ice cream.

I was a little sore not to bad I have been laying down for 24 hours only getting up to go to the restroom and sitting up in bed to eat. Today I have walked around a little more only on my second level I do not dare do stairs unless Jason helps me just because I am afraid to fall.

I ask Jason questions such as is it okay to cough,sneeze, strech, sleep on my side, sleep on my back, is it okay to hic up, and is it okay to laugh I don't want to contract my uterus at all so I am very nervous to do any of the following above. Jason just keeps telling me that I am fine I just need to take it easy.

This morning was a little emotional for me I wanted a egg mcmuffin at mcdonalds and orange juice and Jason went to go get it for me but breakfast was over so he thought that he would buy me a chicken sandwich at wendys he knows I love that meal. He brought it up to me and I cried I wanted the egg mcmuffin he so was calm and explained that they do not serve breakfast past 10 A.M. I told him he should have drove to the one on bangeter they serve it until 11 A.M. He asked me if I would like to eat the fries well no because I want a egg mcmuffin.

I asked him to go get milk and orange juice because that is what I wanted to drink orange juice and I ended up eating a bagel.

I was on high demand this morning and I am now realizing it. Well I am going to go take a nap. But before I take a nap I wanted to share what I make Jason do every night and morning or whenever I feel like it.

I ask Jason to put his hands on my tummy and tell them to stick and secretly I do it as well every night or when I think about will this work I make myself think positive and put my hands on my belly and tell them I love them and to stick and grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment