Saturday, May 14, 2011

2 1/2 days until we find out 2ww almost over

It has been awhile since I posted so I thought that I would post once again before the news comes in. Our two week wait is almost over we are down to 2 1/2 days we find out on Tuesday.

It is funny I have been reading on the computer which I should not be what is the symptoms 9dpt dpt=days past transfer. It is so hard to read your body when you have not gone through the experience quite yet so I do not know what to expect plus the medicine that you are on during in vitro are the same effect as if you are pregnant.

Gagging does happen but the trend I see in this is when I change my estridol patch not sure why it may be more of a surge of estrogen that day. Sore boobs are side effect from progestrone, dry mouth is as well, upset stomach same, tiredness is effects from progestrone.

All I know is that I want to eat spagetthi every night and have since transfer except for two days.

I was kind of sticker shock when I saw the final total of our bill $8250.00 not including medicine or anesthesia and I made a pre pay of some $ before hand so the total bill was about $10,250.00 and the anesthesia was $300.00 and medicine was $2500.00. I think that everyone should write the legislature of Utah and let them know that this needs to be covered under medical insurance and this is not including my lab work which will be about another $200.00 it is worth it but this is all my money into this so I am playing a gamble right now.

Knowing that you invested all of your money into this makes you hope for it to work or what will you do if not? You will have to start all over again everyone tells me not to worry until that time comes and we will figure out a solution but who is to kid it is in the back of your mind when you go through a procedure like this.

I think insurance companies should help families that have infertility issues. They help others have lap band and gastric bypass what is different infertility is emotionally wearing on a woman and man it is draining it should be covered. I know some companies offer it for the employees but the majority of companies do not it is a small amount. I guess the good thing is that we can use this as a deduction during taxes this year so we might not owe for once in our lives and we might be able to get this paid off quicker with a tax refund.

It is a hard road the horrible dreams I have been having miscarriages I wake up and go to the restroom to make sure that one did not happen even thought I am not sure if I am pregnant. I cry myself to sleep sometimes thinking how much I want this to work they are happy and just emotional tears I actually wait till my husband is a sleep because I do not want to stress him out but it is just a way for me to be myself and feel all that I need to during this time.

It is all about your support system not wanting someone to say " I know what you are going through" for someone to say " I am here for you and I am not sure what you are going through but I will help you."

I have a sweet girlfriend Melissa she knew I was having a hard day on Thursday and she took me to get a pedicure the best remedy I could ask for the day she knows how to make my day better. It is family that is there for you during the adventure. It s cute couples like Ashley and Spencer very good friends that will bring us over food for dinner and will listen to me talk even if I repeated myself a ton of times it is the calming affect that Ashley has on me when she listens and speaks.

My younger brother Iszac Lacrosse moms they are amazing they have been there and helped me understand the process of in vitro and they have prayed for my husband and I it is complete strangers right now reading this praying for our sucess in the journey. It is the plato girls in draper saying hi. It is my sisters telling me that they have had dreams about me being pregnant it is the sister  that is always there with her sixth sense and she just knows it is our time it is the twin sisters just being supportive and making cute comments on my facebook. It is both mother and father on both sides there for us no matter what. Same with all of the family and friends.


This journey has taught me patience it has taught me that it is not on my time it is on someone elses time it has taught me I cannot compare myself to any other woman out there my body might be different my symptoms might not be text book nothing is in writting and nothing is ever guaranteed it has taught me to have faith in my self and others. It has taught me it is okay to have a dirty house during this time because I have not cleaned for two weeks and lets face it when a "Woman is down the husbands cleaning just is not the same".

It has taught me to open up to let others into my journey it has taught me to learn from others advice or even sometimes disreard others advice that is not so nice it has taught me to be okay with who I am and if this is my only trial through life I am thankful I have thought of the hardest trial kids with terminal illness, cancer patients, and all other illnesses that are out there. I am lucky to just have the issue of infertility because it can be beat with the right attitude and we will have a family soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment